not able to connect linux lclient to windows radius server

anupama biswas anupamabiswas
Thu Jul 27 02:55:37 PDT 2006

hi,

 I am trying to connect my wireless FC2 system to Radius Server(Windows 2003 Server) using wpa_supplicant. The authentication type is PEAP-MSCHAPv2.

 Following is the entry in the .etc/wpa1.conf file.

 network={
     ssid="example"
     key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
     eap=PEAP
     identity="anupama at example.com"
     password="fruit1"
     ca_cert="/etc/cert/linux_wireless.pem"
     phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
 }

 The certificate is generated in Radius Server and ported to the Linux cleint in the specified location.

 I started the supplicant :

 ./wpa_supplicant -D ipw -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -i wlan0
 I also started the ethereal at my wireless interface to capture any EAP packets
 And used ./wlan0dhcp to get the IP fro the AP

 The AP supports 802.1x protocol and the RADIUS Server IP is sepcified.

 But still I am not able to connect to the Server
 Also no packets are captured at the Wireless Interface.

 Can someone please help me.

 Thanks,
 Anupama