how to use wpa_supplicant on wpa network with peap and credentialing

Andrew Barr andrew.james.barr
Mon Jul 17 13:58:49 PDT 2006

On Monday 17 July 2006 16:46, John H. wrote:
> i have used wpa_supplicant repeatedly on tkip/aes networks with
> success, but what need i do differently for this network to use peap
> and credentialing?

adding the following lines to your network block:

eap=PEAP
identity="username"
password="password"

should do the trick. You can specify other parameters, but wpa_supplicant
should be able to autodetect the
m.

I'm not sure what you mean by credentialing. If you are using certificates
then you should read the documentation for details, I've never used them.
Typically these kind of wireless setups ignore certificates.

--
Andrew Barr | http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/~andrew/ | GPG: 0xAD9AE76A
"Those who would trade liberty for security deserve neither." -- B. Franklin