wpa_sup & hostap kernel driver

Morgan Read mstuff
Thu Jan 26 01:25:22 PST 2006

Hi

(Picking up an old thread now I'm back at Uni:
<http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2005-December/012104.html>.)

Basically, I have been building from source and using wpa_supplicant fine
for more than a year, then I started using a kernel with hostap compiled in
(2.6.14-1.1656_FC4.netdev.8)
<http://people.redhat.com/linville/kernels/fedora-netdev/>, and it stopped
working.

I've noticed something a little odd...

- In the kernel tree I built hostap from source I have in
/lib/modules/2.6.12-1.1398_FC4/kernel/drivers/net/wireless the files:
hostap_crypt_ccmp.ko  hostap_crypt_wep.ko  hostap.ko      hostap_plx.ko
hostap_crypt_tkip.ko  hostap_cs.ko         hostap_pci.ko

- In the kernel tree for 2.6.14-1.1656_FC4.netdev.8 (hostap built in) I have
in
/lib/modules/2.6.14-1.1656_FC4.netdev.8/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/hostap
only the files:
hostap_cs.ko  hostap.ko  hostap_pci.ko  hostap_plx.ko

Which leads me to wonder if not _all_ the hostap driver is in this
"Fedora-netdev kernel" and it's missing the bits I need to do
authentication-encryption?  Is this same for all kernel with hostap compiled in?

Regards,
Morgan.
--
Morgan Read