hostap prism 1.8.4 problems

Jason Carr jason
Tue Jan 10 13:26:26 PST 2006

I've had some weird issues with hostap/hostapd.

I just upgraded my prism firmware from 1.7.4 to 1.8.4.  I'm running
hostapd and connecting via wpa_supplicant.  I run an iperf -u (ap IP)
(udp) and there's no packet loss and somewhat reasonable ping times.  If
I run an iperf (ap IP) (tcp), there's very high ping times, like 168ms,
etc, and there's quite a bit of packet loss.  I'm quite confused, I
would think a newer version would be nicer and less crappy.  Am I doing
something wrong?

- Jason