Hostapd make error!

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Feb 17 07:32:59 PST 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 03:58:23PM +0800, ???? ?? wrote:

>   I just installed Hostap, OpenSSL and FreeRADIUS on a same computer, now I want to install the hostapd-0.4.7, I did the following steps:
>
>   cp defconfig .config
>   make
>
>   Then I got error:
>   In file include from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:179,
>                       from tls_openssl.c:25:
>   /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:132:parse error before "krb5_enctype"

Looks like this version of OpenSSL is configured to use Kerberos, but
the Kerberos header files may not have been included correctly.

>   I have installed the openssl in /usr/local/openssl/, so my questions are:
>      1. Why the included file path is "/usr/include/openssl/"?

That is the default location for OpenSSL header files. Did you add
/usr/local/openssl as an include directory in .config?

>      2. How to change the path (/usr/include/openssl/) to my path (/usr/local/openssl/include/openssl/)?

You could add, e.g., following lines into .config:

CFLAGS += -I/usr/local/openssl/include
LIBS += -L/usr/local/openssl/lib

>   In addition, since I made the FreeRADIUS and Hostap in the same compter, how to config the radiusd.conf, eap.conf and hostapd.conf?

This kind of configuration does not require any special options. Just
use 127.0.0.1 as the IP address of the RADIUS server/client.