wpa_supplicant: WPA: EAPOL-Key Replay Counter did not increase - dropping packet

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Feb 14 20:56:40 PST 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 02:21:56PM -0800, Joey Richards wrote:

> FYI, I booted into Windows XP SP2 and set it up to use wpa_supplicant in
> place of the Windows wireless management.  It stayed connected for at
> least 8 hours without a problem.  I don't know enough about the protocol
> to know if this says anything, but it suggests to me that the AP is
> probably not misbehaving.

Thanks for the debug log. This is not conclusive evidence one way or
another since there was no re-keying for the pairwise keys in the log.
However, this itself makes it likely that something triggered
re-association with ndiswrapper and this was not reported correctly to
the supplicant. At this point, I don't really know what else could be
done to debug this apart from using a wireless sniffer. Unless you have
already asked ndiswrapper mailing list, that might be a useful thing to
do in order to find out whether someone else is seeing similar behavior.