wpa_supplicant crashes under Windows XP

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Feb 12 20:18:52 PST 2006

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 11:16:40AM -0600, Jim Howard wrote:

> The computer is a Dell Optiplex running Windows XP. This crash happens
> with several different adapters and access points.  Apparently the crash
> happens after an uncommanded disassociation from the desired access
> point.

> NDIS: ReqFixed=0x0 RespFixed=0x0 off_req=0 off_resp=0 len_req=0
> len_resp=0
> NDIS: 0 BSSID items to process for AssocInfo
> Association info event
> req_ies - hexdump(len=0):
> resp_ies - hexdump(len=0):
> WPA: clearing own WPA/RSN IE
> State: COMPLETED -> ASSOCIATED
> Associated to a new BSS: BSSID=00:00:00:00:00:00

That association info event is clearly incorrect, but wpa_supplicant
should not crash even if the driver reports something incorrect. Anyway,
I was unable to reproduce this with driver_test.c even though I did
manage to create a test case that produces this kind of debug output.

Could you please send me a full debug log from the beginning of
wpa_supplicant run to the point where it crashes? This would need to be
with full debugging enabled (-ddt on command line).