EAP-TLS too fast?

Andrea G Forte andreaf
Thu Feb 9 08:15:29 PST 2006

> I don't know whether I can help you with this problem.. Or maybe adding
> some extra usleep(10) delays in random places would be suitable to make
> the authentication take longer.. ;-)

This might be the solution! :)
Well, I feel better knowing that I am not just pushing buttons on a
keyboard and the setup is correct.
Here is the link to a paper in which they say the average delay was
about 1.1 seconds (read Introduction for example) and later on in their
own experiments they have a full authentication (without their proposed
improvement) delay of 800+ msec.
http://www.cs.umd.edu/~mhshin/paper/Proactive_Key_Dist_NG.pdf
Are they just wrong? They use Pentium III computers for their
experiments, but I would not think that this would make such a BIG
difference.
Your opinion is very much appreciated.

-Andrea