WPA/WPA2 with Prism54 card

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Dec 24 07:57:23 PST 2006

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 12:22:49PM +0100, Jens Rutschmann wrote:

> I tested the kernel 2.6.19.1 today and when launching wpa_supplicant I
> got the following:
>
> root:~> wpa_supplicant -i eth1 -D wext -c
> /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
> ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
> WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 - CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING - signal 2 received

> The program  was hanging after line 2 until I pressed CTRL-C which was
> resulting in the rest of the output.

Could you please re-run this with full debugging output from
wpa_supplicant (-dd on command line)? Prism54 driver did not use to
support WPA in client mode, but there has been some comments on that
working with some changes. I have not tested this myself nor have I
heard many clear success reports, so I don't know what exactly the
current status of the WPA support in the driver is.