wpa_supplicant fails and reports weird AP address in association

Vincent Panel yohonet
Wed Dec 13 06:24:37 PST 2006

On 12/12/06, Sergio Callegari <scallegari at arces.unibo.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to set up a wireless network including an Hamlet access
> point and a Linux laptop with an intel 3945 wireless interface.

It may be unrelated, but I noticed strange behavior with this Wifi
card : the "radio kill switch" is sometimes reported to be off whereas
it isn't.

If you look at a variable named
/sys/bus/pci/drivers/ipw3945/00*/rf_kill (approximate name, on top of
my head), you may see it's different from 0 although the "wifi +
bluetooth" button is turned on on some laptops. This variable should
be 0 if everything is ok, 1 if you turn off the switch, 2 if you turn
it on but a problem occurs and 3 if you turn it off but a problem
occurs.

If I plug a cable in my ethernet port, this variable is systematically
2 or 3, but is never 0 or 1... This is very odd and probably linked to
the driver. I'll try to recompile a newer version.