Using wpa_supplicant/hostapd in IKEv2 daemon...

Stjepan Gros sgros
Mon Aug 21 07:27:36 PDT 2006

Hi!

According to your answer we decided to use hostapd/wpa_supplicant as
external library. Here is the basic idea we have so far:

We would implement driver_ikev2.c that will communicate with IKEv2
daemon and exchange EAP packets and control messages (we are not yet
certain about control messages).

State machine specific to IKEv2 will be implemented in ikev2_sm.c
(analogously to eapol_sm.c). This file will implement interfaces defined
in eap.h.

So, we have few more questions.

1. Can we use wpa_supplicant/hostapd as dynamic library, or only as
static one?

2. Do you have a link to some program that already uses
wpa_suppliant/hostapd as library?

3. In basic design of hostapd there is only one thread and that one is
implemented in eloop.c. But, we need additional threads, and also, IKEv2
daemon behaves differently than usual WLAN card. If we decide to run
hostapd in separate thread, how to do it? Will there be any problems?

Note that we wish to make pulling latest code from
wpa_supplicant/hostapd as easy as possible.

Thanks for the answers,
Stjepan