D-Link DWL-650 rev. P as Regular Wireless Card

gARetH baBB hick.l.hostap
Mon Aug 14 01:05:50 PDT 2006

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006, R B wrote:

> believe that the card is working however if I unplug the wired
> connection eth0 I get no internet activity and can not ping. Here are
> my /etc/rc.d/rc.wireless.conf and /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf.

> # Config information for eth0:
> IPADDR[0]="192.168.1.70"
> NETMASK[0]="255.255.255.0"
> USE_DHCP[0]=""
> DHCP_HOSTNAME[0]=""

Unplugging the Ethernet cable doesn't make the eth0 routing magically go
away.

You have two routes with the same network/mask and it's still trying to
route packets down the wire as that's the first in the routing table.

Bring the interface down or don't bring it up in the first place or delete
the route or use something like ifplugd.