installing HostAP step-by-step

chikh omar enis01amor
Tue Aug 8 06:26:25 PDT 2006

Hello
I was a resercher in communications fields and i would
to make a 802.1x plateform. For this i must become by
making an access point.the unique solution that i find
to make an access point is to use the hostap modules.

But i downloaded the module and it does not work.
I use Redhat 9, kernel 2.4.20-8smp
a desktop with a PCI card : "SMCWPCI-G EU EZ Connect?
g Wireless PCI Card"
http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?event=viewProduct&localeCode=FR_TUN&cid=5&scid=&pid=1461

please can you help me making the HostAP. Can you
describe step by step what should i do.
More precisely :

What's mean Intersil Prism2... and how can i know if
my card is Intersil Prism2?
whitch procedure installation should i use (from the
readme) of the hostap-driver?

thank you very much
Yours Omar

  Omar Cheikhrouhou
Engineer & Researcher @ ReDCAD
Research in Development and Control of Distributed
Applications
University of Sfax, National School of Engineers
BP W, Sfax, 3038, Tunisia
Tel: +216 21 17 96 17
Email : enis01amor at yahoo.fr

D?couvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet !
Yahoo! Questions/R?ponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos exp?riences.
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com