Hostap interface wlan0 goes down once, then it works

Gianni Costanzi gianni.costanzi
Fri Apr 21 04:28:01 PDT 2006

Hi,
I'm using Hostap 0.4.7 with a Netgear MA401 Wireless Card (with the latest
firmware) on a 2.6.15 kernel and everything works perfectly, apart from a
problem that happens the first time I put the card in master mode: it works
perfectly, but after few minutes (less than five, usually) the access point
deauthenticates all the stations because the wlan0 interface goes down. If I
set up again wlan0, everything works without other similar problems (for
hours). I do not think that it is a problem related to hostap, but I'm
asking this to you all just in case that someone has experienced the same
problem and perhaps has solved it.

Gianni