Fw: [Madwifi-users] X86_64 Issues

--[UxBoD]-- uxbod
Mon Apr 17 13:16:46 PDT 2006

Okay, i have decided to go down the SVN route and not use Gentoo packages but compile from SVN/CVS source.  I have downloaded the latest release of
madwifi-ng and the wpa_supplicant. All has compiled fine and the modules loaded okay. When I run wpa_supplicant it finds the AP okay via a scan but
as soon as it tries to connect I get the following error :-

wpa_driver_madwifi_associate
ioctl[IEEE80211_IOCTL_SETMLME]: Invalid argument

Any ideas ? have a done something really silly ?

Module                  Size  Used by
ieee80211_crypt_tkip    11776  0
ieee80211_crypt_wep     6592  0
ieee80211              30728  0
ieee80211_crypt         7168  3 ieee80211_crypt_tkip,ieee80211_crypt_wep,ieee80211
wlan_wep                7744  0
wlan_scan_sta          13888  1
wlan_scan_ap            6528  0
ath_pci                85232  0
ath_rate_sample        12800  1 ath_pci
wlan                  171888  6 wlan_wep,wlan_scan_sta,wlan_scan_ap,ath_pci,ath_rate_sample
ath_hal               214768  3 ath_pci,ath_rate_sample