madwifi-ng and wpa_supplicant

Jeff Sadowski jeff_sadowski
Thu Nov 17 07:30:55 PST 2005

Previously I said I got madwifi-ng working with
wpa_supplicant at school.

Well as soon as I got home wpa_supplicant stopped
working. I'm not sure if its that my school has no wep
key or wpa stuff or it could also be the kind of
Access Points they have. And it still doesn't work at
work either. I know they have some sort of cisco APs
at school and that we have a different cisco ap at
work. So I think maybe the madwifi driver doesn't
report things right. I have two APs at home both in my
wpa_supplicant list
one is wpa and thats a linksys WRT54G and the other is
just wep and thats a dlink. I had to revert back to a
cvs snapshot taken in september for the madwifi driver
in order for it to work.