wpa_supplicant PSK question

Bob Carlson rjc
Tue Nov 15 16:12:28 PST 2005

I am porting wpa_supplicant into an embedded application so I am trying to
minimize the code included. We do not require radius, only WEP and WPA-PSK.
So far as my understanding has progressed, we should not require EAPOL,
although there does appear to be a 4-way key exchange that is used.
However, as I build things up, I am finding that there are a lot of
references to EAPOL code that do not seem to be conditional.

What modules and code for EAPOL must still be included, even though we are
using only PSK?

Thanks, Bob