hoptapd and prism54 problem

Jers jers
Tue Nov 15 02:04:29 PST 2005

Hi all,

I'm a new hostapd user and I hope you can help me!

I'd like to carry out a WPA-PSK access point with TKIP encryption method.
I'm working with Debian, kernel 2.6.9, and I'm using a pci Artem WLAN Card
whose data sheet asserts to support this security solution.

Moreover, this card include the PrismGT/Duette chipset and, therefore, it
works fine with prism54 driver. I tested it. Unfortunately, the prism54
official site is down at the moment and, consequently, I cannot have any
support to know if and how I can use iwpriv private ioctls to get my task.
However, I downloaded the driver which should be support WPA-2

http://svnweb.tuxfamily.org/listing.php?repname=prism54+%28prism54%29
<http://svnweb.tuxfamily.org/listing.php?repname=prism54+%28prism54%29&path=
%2Ftags%2FWPA-2%2F&rev=0&sc=0> &path=%2Ftags%2FWPA-2%2F&rev=0&sc=0

(the driver supporting only WPA-1 does not compile because the isl_ioctl.c
has a lot of simple mistake and so it does not seem reliable).

Besides, I downloaded and installed hostapd-0.3.9 which supports Prism54
driver. I run

ifup eth1

hostapd hostapd.conf

It seems to work but it also prints

protocol 0300 is buggy, dev eth1

Actually, it does not work. In fact all clients get the connection with the
AP, without any key.

Can someone provide any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Jers

PS: In the following, my configuration files:

My .config file is:

# Driver interface for Prism54 driver

CONFIG_DRIVER_PRISM54=y

# WPA2/IEEE 802.11i RSN pre-authentication

CONFIG_RSN_PREAUTH=y

# Integrated EAP authenticator

CONFIG_EAP=y

# EAP-PEAP for the integrated EAP authenticator

CONFIG_EAP_PEAP=y

My hostapd configuration file is:

interface=eth1

driver=prism54

logger_syslog=-1

logger_syslog_level=-1

logger_stdout=-1

logger_stdout_level=2

debug=4

dump_file=/tmp/hostapd.dump

ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd

ctrl_interface_group=0

ssid=MY_SSID

macaddr_acl=0

eap_authenticator=0

own_ip_addr=127.0.0.1

wpa=1

wpa_psk=0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef

wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK

wpa_pairwise=TKIP

wpa_gmk_rekey=86400

All the other parameters are commented.

Finally, my /etc/network/interfaces file is

iface eth1 inet static

      post-up /etc/init.d/dhcp start

      pre-down /etc/init.d/dacp stop

      address 192.165.1.1