how to cleanup a previous hostap installation

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Nov 6 10:09:12 PST 2005

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 06:07:45PM +0200, limor wrote:

> I am new to linux - are there files that I can manually delete in order to
> make sure I really start-over with the hostAP installation (before I go to
> the extreme measure of re-installing Suse)?..

Removing the installed kernel modules is probably the best way of doing
this. In addition, you can remove hostap_cs.conf. This can be done,
e.g., with following commands.

find /lib/modules/`uname -r` -name 'hostap*o' -exec rm {} \;
rm /etc/pcmcia/hostap_cs.conf