Bridging with madwifi

Rafa Marin Lopez rafa
Fri Nov 4 06:27:27 PST 2005

Hi Jouni

I have tried hostapd 0.4.6 with madwifi-old and kernel 2.6.10 and the
same problem happen. That is, if bridge is enabled AP does not listen
frame 2/4 in 4-way handshake . However without bridging thing work
perfectly.

Any idea about that?.

Regards.

Jouni Malinen wrote:

>On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 11:44:53AM +0200, Thomas Heiz wrote:
>

>>I want to set up hostapd with bridge between a madwifi card and wired
>>ethernet. I've inserted a line "bridge=br0" in my hostapd.conf.
>>

>>When I start hostapd, everything seems to be OK, but when a station
>>wants to connect, the following error occures.
>>
>>frame too short for this IEEE 802.1X packet
>>

>l2_packet cleanup in 0.4.4 missed one case, i.e., receiving EAPOL frames
>from madwifi driver when it is a part of a bridge. A fix for this is now
>available in the development branch of my CVS repository.

Rafael Marin Lopez
Faculty of Computer Science-University of Murcia
30071 Murcia - Spain
Telf: +34968367645    e-mail: rafa at dif.um.es