Bridge delay.

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue May 31 06:12:15 PDT 2005

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 01:51:28PM +0200, roby wrote:

>  I'm doing some performance test on my WLAN. I'm using WPA with EAP/TLS
> authentication sistem. The network is composed of three linux box, 1
> authentication server and 2 access points. All these works fine.
>
>  At this time I am testing handover delay with VoIP application. The total
> delay time is around 1.07 Sec, but if I analyze the traffic I can see that
> the reauthentication process take just 0.5 sec of the total time. Infact at
> the end of the authentication the access point wait a time between 0.4 and
> 0.6 sec to start to forward the traffic. I already check the STP settings,
> and they are fine. I suppose this is a problem of hostap, maybe something
> related with the "Michael" algoritm...

What is this speculation about Michael MIC based on? I see no reason to
believe that would cause 0.5 sec delay. Do you see the same behavior
if you test without using WPA? How did you analyze the traffic? Did you
look at what frames are being sent between the AP and client by using a
wireless sniffer?