hostap clients ?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon May 23 14:52:39 PDT 2005

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 10:49:23PM +0200, hiphin wrote:

> well I'm geting hostap frendly to me now, it is working for me fine since 0.1.12, now I use 3xhostap v3.7 in WDS as you know, I folow this mailing list for the past 2 years ... but ... (there goes part when I ask something)... I always get stanched width bridging.
>
> this time clients are in bridge, and I did this
>
> prism2_param wlan0 ap_bridge_packets to 0 (zero)
>
> that is on hardware level, what is next step in disabling client bridging

You would need to give a bit more detailed explanation of what you are
trying to do and what kind of network configuration you are using.. If
you are using layer 2 bridging to connect number of APs and do not want
any of the client stations to talk directly to eachother, you would
probably need to use something like ebtables to configure filtering that
will only allow packets to be bridged if they are directed to the
default gateway MAC address.