problems with Wireless event: new AP (00:00:00:00:00:00)

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue May 17 06:28:11 PDT 2005

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 09:54:23AM +0200, Sebastian Weitzel wrote:

> It happens on authentication that shortly after associating to the ap a
> new wireless event annoucing a new ap occurs. The problem is that the
> mac of the ap is  bogus (00:00:00:00:00:00). In driver_wext.c there is
> a check for this bogus mac and therefore wpa_supplicant_event
> EVENT_DISASSOC is called. The problem here which I am pointing to is
> that the _current_ ap (wpa_s->bssid) is blacklisted, but instead the
> 00:00:00:00:00:00 ap should be?

For me, this is not an association with a bogus AP BSSID, but a
disassociation from the current AP. If the driver is generating this
event in a case where it is not actually being disassociated/
deauthenticated, the driver should be fixed..