HostAP List problems - Fixed

Bruce Potter gdead
Mon May 16 17:39:38 PDT 2005

Howdy,
Sorry bout the silence on the list.  The mail server hosting the
HostAP list had some random message problem that caused the HostAP
mail to wedge itself for the last few days.  Unfortunately, due to
the volume of mail list traffic on the mail server, it was impossible
to save the wedge messages while discarding the stuck message (we
were never able to figure out which of the 1000's of messages was
really "stuck"... go go gadget mailman debug messages).

Anyhoo, the moral of the story is:

If you sent a message to the list in the last week, you will need to
resend as it was "lost"

I have a backup of the data, so if you really need something dug up,
I can do it.  But it's best to assume it's lost if you can just resend.

I apologize for the outage folks.  We monitor our servers for
availability, but not traffic on one list or another. I'm going to
try and find a way to do that to make sure this doesn't happen in the
future

we now return you to your regularly scheduled list.

later

bruce