PMKSA-cache and inclusion of PMKID(s) in Re-Association frame

Ajeet Nankani fromkth+hostap
Thu Mar 3 04:47:33 PST 2005

Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 04:35:40PM +0100, Ajeet Nankani wrote:
>

>>When STA has around say 10 or more PMKSAs in its cache, and when STA
>>roams to other AP with which STA has a PMKSA in its cache, then how do
>>the STA selects which PMKID(s) to send in Re-Association Frame?
>

> That is implementation specific. In case of the current wpa_supplicant,
> there will be only one PMKID in the (re)association frame. However, if
> the driver is generating WPA/RSN IEs, it may decide to use more than one
> PMKID.

But how wpa_supplicant selects PMKID from its cache to be sent in
(re)association frame?

I guess wpa_supplicant would search its PMKSA cache, and based on the
MAC address of the AP to which it is being attached with, it would
select first matched PMKID from its cache and sends it in
(re)assosciation frame.

-ajeet.