wpa_supplicant WPA crashes Sitecom WL-114 router

Lorenzo Colitti lorenzo
Thu Mar 24 03:01:18 PST 2005

Jouni Malinen wrote:
> If you can get the vendor of that AP looking at this.. Are you running
> the latest firmware version for the AP? If not, I would consider
> upgrading; if yes, I would recommend at least trying to go through tech
> support..

Upgrading the firmware was one of the first things I tried. I tried
playing with the wpa_supplicant settings but it seems like it only
supports TKIP as group and TKIP as pairwise cipher, EAP v1 and WPA-PSK,
so there are no knobs left to turn. As regards support, I have written
to them but I doubt that it will have any effect. This is a cheap home
wireless AP/router, and I don't think they even make it themselves.

The only thing I can think of is put my wadwifi card in monitor mode and
sniff the (succesful) authentication of my friend's Windows laptop.

However, I don't know what to look for. Based on the logs I sent to the
list, what would you suggest? Should I be looking at what happens after
auth?

Cheers,
Lorenzo