invalid context and set_rid/get_rid

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Mar 19 13:53:19 PST 2005

On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 10:06:47PM +0100, Marcin Dabrowski wrote:

> I've swaped local->passive_scan_timer.function to my own.
> In my function I'm calling get_rid to check link quality and set_rid
> to force scanning.

That function is being called as a timer handler, i.e., in soft
interrupt context. You cannot use set_rid/get_rid from there.

One option would be to schedule a process context handler to do this
from the timer (search for PRISM2_SCHEDULE_TASK to get some examples).
Creating a separate thread for doing this would be another way of
handling this. Then again, I don't know whether you will actually get
the information you are looking for from any of the RIDs, so I would
recommend verifying that this is going to work before spending much time
getting the passive_scan_timer function to do read RIDs.