Problems with wpa_supplicant/ipw2200/D-link

Chris Ross cross+wpa
Sat Mar 19 08:25:15 PST 2005

Pedro Ramalhais wrote:

>Remove scan_ssid=1. Run wpa_supplicant in the foreground with -dddd and
>post the log. If you're using wpa_supplicant from debian try using the
>original source for wpa_supplicant.

  Okay.  I'm using source I compiled of wpa_supplicant 0.3.8, on FC3.  I
commented out the scan_ssid=1 line, and now just have:

# allow frontend (e.g., wpa_cli) to be used by all users in 'wheel' group
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=wheel
#
# home network; allow all valid ciphers
network={
        ssid="chili-BG"
#       scan_ssid=1
        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
        psk="passkey goes here"
}

  I ran wpa_supplicant with -dddd, and didn't get anything noticably more
interesting.  The output of running it, and killing it (Ctrl-C) about
10-15 seconds
later, is attached.  Thanks.

                                            - Chris