Problem connecting Hostapd to external Radius server

Ajeet Nankani fromkth+hostap
Wed Mar 16 02:16:50 PST 2005

hareesh.khattri at ndsu.edu wrote:

>  Could someone please point to me as to how to configure a wired
> connection to the external Radius server with the hostapd.My hostapd
> configuration when using integrated Radius of hostapd.

I did not get you, do you want to use external free-radius or the
integrated radius in hostadp? atleast in the former case your
configuration file is not correct.

Atleast for me it was little bit confusing also in the begning, this
eap_authenticator and then using this integrated eap_authenticator as a
radius for other APs in DS.

To make it more clear, I suggest Jouni to make a separate section in
hostapd.conf file for this integrated radius server and name the section
as INTEGRATED RADIUS SERVER, in which we move following options.

eap_authenticator
ca_cert=/etc/hostapd.ca.pem
server_cert=/etc/hostapd.server.pem
private_key=/etc/hostapd.server.prv
private_key_passwd=secret passphrase
eap_sim_db=/etc/hostapd.sim_db

and if possible rename eap_authenticator as "integrated_radius_server"

Any comments?

-ajeet.