wpa supplicant and Enterasys roamabout pcmcia card

Dani García Pino danigpino
Thu Mar 10 04:17:29 PST 2005

Hi!

I have a Roamabout 802.11b card from Enterasys. I'm new in Linux and I need
to connect to my enterprise wireless network. This network is encrypted with
dynamical WEP keys and the authentication goes to a RADIUS server with
EAP-TTLS/MS-CHAPV2 protocols.

I've tried to use wpa supplicant to connect to the network, but I cannot
associate with the AP. Here the configuration file:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant

ctrl_interface_group=0

eapol_version=1

ap_scan=2

network={
	ssid="ssid"
	scan_ssid=1
	proto=WPA
	key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
	pairwise=TKIP
	group=WEP104
	eap=TTLS
	eapol_flags=3
	anonymous_identity="anonymous"
	phase2="autheap=MSCHAPV2"
}

In other hand, my enterprise also have a free network for guests that only
have a static WEP key for encryption. I think that, because its a much
simple network configuration, I can start probing to connect to this network
first, but I had the same results. Thisi is the configuration file for this
network:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant

ctrl_interface_group=0

eapol_version=1

ap_scan=2

network={
	ssid="free"
	scan_ssid=1
	key_mgmt=NONE
	pairwise=NONE
	group=WEP40
                wep_key1="static_wep_key"
	eapol_flags=0
}

Finally I need to know what is the best driver to use with my wireless card
(I think that it's an orinoco based card with an Hermes-I chipset, but I'm
not sure). Now I'm using ndiswrapper, because is the unic that doesn't give
me an error message, but I think that I'm not using it with the correct
form:

        wpa_supplicant -i eth1 -dd -B -D ndiswrapper

that's all, thanks in advance and sorry by my bad english, I'm Spanish :)

greetings!!

Dani