configuring wireless connection - beginner

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Jun 26 20:30:08 PDT 2005

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 10:08:36PM -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:

> I hate to just post dumps, but I don't know what to look for.  I created
> a directory /var/run/wpa_supplicant directory, and reran:

By the way, wpa_supplicant will create that directory if it does not
exist, so there is no need to create it manually.

> Also, I don't know what specifically to look for in the dmesg, I think
> its this part, but if you want me to look for something else or post my
> whole dmesg, I'm happy to.

> eth0: Force scheduling reset!
> orinoco_lock() called with hw_unavailable (dev=d7996800)

Well, that's enough to tell that this is indeed not Host AP driver. As
far as I know, the current Orinoco driver does not support WPA and as
such, it is not very useful with wpa_supplicant. If you want to use
wpa_supplicant and your card is based on Prism2/2.5/3, I would recommend
testing Host AP driver instead.