configuring wireless connection - beginner

Jay Strauss me
Sun Jun 26 14:10:58 PDT 2005

Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 09:10:05AM -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:
>

>>OPTIONS="-w -Dhostap -ieth0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf"
>

> Are you renaming the network interface at some point? Host AP driver is
> normally using wlan0 as the interface name.

I'm not doing it on purpose.  I've been using WEP for a year and my
wireless NIC has always been eth0.  I don't know how it got set to that,
but it wasn't I did intentionally.

>>hydrogen:~# cat /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
>

>>network={
>>         ssid="linksys"
>>         psk="myhouse"
>

> Minimum length for the WPA ASCII passphrase is eight characters, so this
> would be rejected.

My passphase is actually longer, I just didn't want to post it.

Thanks
Jay