WPA-PSK + hidden essid + ipw2200 1.0.4 + wpa_supplicant 0.4.2 problem
Samuel Díaz García
Mon Jun 20 16:49:15 PDT 2005
Hi guys, this is my config:
* Debian 3.1 (stable)
* kernel 2.6.12 with some patches:
2) some patch-o-matic
3) orinoco rfmon
* iptables 1.3.1 with the same kernel pom patches
* wpa_supplicant 0.4.2
* ipw2200 1.0.4 with some patches:
1) geography patch (needed for my country=Spain)
2) mode_sw_reset patch (I use kismet and others)
3) ethertype patch (for compile under 2.6.12)
* ipw2200 fw 2.3 (obviously)
1) All patched, compiled and installed fine.
2) I use a hidden essid AP with WPA-PSK (TKIP+AES)
1) I use wpa_supplicant with a working wpa_supplicant.config file (tested
with current madwifi drivers in the same machine without problems).
2) My ipw2915 appears to negotiate fine the connections but disconnects
always (no more than 2/3 seconds connected to the AP).
3) After 5 or 6 attemps, no more attemps detected.
4) dmesg say me after that:
Jun 20 23:33:09 sdg01 kernel: ieee80211: eth1: Unknown management packet: 0
I think the problem isn't wpa_supplicant, because is working fine with
madwifi, the same wpa_supplicant.config file and the same AP on channel 13.
With wpa_supplicant 0.3.8/0.3.9 and ipw2200 1.0.3 (I don't remember patches
applied against this now) it works after a command like:
iwconfig eth1 channel 13
Without more problems.
Taking a tour over ipw220 bugs, I found many patches expected to be merged
into 1.0.5, but I can't apply all (or I know the correct order to apply
I'm experienced the same problem with a broadcasted essid with WEP keys (and
another wpa_supplicant config file). I used configs files as "Wireless
networks profiles" to use easy scripts.
Any sugestion/patch/idea on how to solve the problem?
Thanks for your help.
Samuel D?az Garc?a
ArcosCom Wireless, S.L.L.
mailto:samueldg at arcoscom.com
m?vil: 651 93 72 48
tlfn.: 956 70 13 15
fax: 956 70 34 83
More information about the Hostap