hostapd and prism54

Jan Satko satko
Mon Jun 13 03:05:28 PDT 2005

> > hostapd -dd /etc/wlan/hostapd-eth1.conf
> > Configuration file: /etc/wlan/hostapd-eth1.conf
> > Opening raw packet socket for ifindex 3
> > ioctl(SIOCGIFINDEX): No such device
> > prism54 driver initialization failed.

Bad kernel driver.
I tested driver included in vanilla 2.4.31 and have got this error.
I have downloaded latest prism54 driver (compile it as module) and it
works.

> > rmdir[ctrl_interface]: No such file or directory
This is an option in hostapd.conf (just hash it).

I have another problem with WPA in hostapd. I'm still getting error
message about "privacyinvoked". As i see in old driver version(prism54)
there is this function. But in new version it isn't. So now I can't run
hostapd with WPA support on prism54 :-(

--
   Bc. Jan 'EIS' Satko       Slovak University of Agriculture
 network & system manager            Tr. A. Hlinku 2