crashing!

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Jun 4 09:07:51 PDT 2005

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 11:34:26AM +0100, Andrew Duane wrote:

> I have used ndiswrapper and wpa_supplicant for months on FC3 with
> success, but recently I had a HDD failure and had to reinstall. Now im
> getting lockups when I try to get wpa_supplicant running.

If you mean that the full system locks up (e.g., kernel crash), I would
recommend reporting this on ndiswrapper mailing list. It is unlikely
that wpa_supplicant itself could lock up the system.

> Now I have tried installing both wpa_supplicant 0.4.1 and 0.3.8 tna.
> Here is the config I use:
>
> .config file:
> CONFIG_WIRELESS_EXTENSION=y
> CONFIG_DRIVER_NDISWRAPPER=y

> Had to comment out the ctrl_interface stuff cause I got an error about
> reading the file?? Think I need to add another entry in .config to get
> this working. It used to work though??

The current version of wpa_supplicant allows control interface to be
disabled and you need to have CONFIG_CTRL_IFACE=y in .config to enable
this.