wpa_supplicant with madwifi, Netgear WAG511 and Netgear WGR614v1

Tino Keitel tino.keitel
Fri Jun 3 02:52:40 PDT 2005

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 11:17:57 +0200, Sebastian Weitzel wrote:
> >I tried to get wpa_supplicant working with my Netgear WGA511 cardbus
> >card and a Netgear WGR614v1 AP. The access point was flashed with new
> >firmware which supports WPA, and it also works for a short time (1
> >second), but then wpa_supplicant will start again, which leads to an
> >endless loop. Between the loop cycles, the running ping will recieve a
> >reply sometimes, so the configuration seems to be some sort of right.
>
> It is a known problem [see ml thread "problems with Wireless event: new
> AP (00:00:00:00:00:00)"]. You can try upgrading to madwifi-bsd cvs
> branch and recompile hostap with pointing to the new sources.

Thanks, but how? The REAME in the wpa_supplicant source states that I
should modify CFLAGS in defconfig to point to the <madwifi-source>/wpa
directory, but in my CVS tree of the madwifi driver is not wpa
directory.

Regards,
Tino