Question regarding memory footprint of wpa_supplicant (PSK only)

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Jul 24 09:48:24 PDT 2005

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 06:45:35PM +0300, Bar, Eitan wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has any information regarding the approximate
> memory footprint of the wpa_supplicant? (size of disk, heap usage,
> etc)....

> Since the memory footprint depends on build configuration - let's say I
> would only like to use the WPA(/WPA2)-PSK configuration.

This depends on the used CPU, but on x86, the smallest binary I can
build without modifying the code is 81 kB (PSK only, debugging
disabled). valgrind memory profiling (massif) shows about 8 kB memory
use for WPA2-PSK. If there were large number of APs in scan results,
more memory would be used, but in general, the memory use is pretty
minimal for PSK case.