wpa_supplicant documentation / howto?

Paul Miller paul
Sat Jan 22 08:39:03 PST 2005

On Friday 21 January 2005 11:14 pm, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 09:07:57AM -0600, Paul Miller wrote:
> > I'm upgrading from waproamd to wpa_supplicant and I'm not sure
> > how to setup wpa_supplicant to obtain a dhcp address or run a
> > script upon connecting to an access point.  Right now, it appears
> > to try to associate with an access point.
>
> This is not part of wpa_supplicant. You will need to use a separate
> DHCP client for this.

Right, I have a DHCP client, but I don't know how to integrate the two
together.  I using Debian/sid.

> > How do I automatically run a script when an access point is
> > associated or unassociated?
>
> This is not currently supported. There is a preliminary patch for
> running external scripts based on some events, but I haven't yet
> been convinced that that is the way to do this properly.

Where can I find this patch?  I need to at least call iwconfig
manually to set the bssid, otherwise I won't be able to connect to
different access points when I move my laptop.  I'm using the madwifi
driver.  Wpa_supplicant says it is associating with the correct
bssid, but then says it associated with the previously set bssid...

Thanks,
-Paul