WPA not associate with both SSID broadcast/non-broadcast

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Jan 21 19:30:44 PST 2005

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 12:17:47PM -0800, Jason Schoonover wrote:

> The SSID "work" is not being broadcast, and to get on this I have to change
> the var ap_scan=2.  That works great.
>
> The SSID "home" is being broadcast, and I need to set ap_scan=1, which works,
> however it doesn't work with ap_scan=2.

This is not completely correct.. You should be able to use ap_scan=2
with this network, too. You would just need to explicitly set all
options for it. However, ap_scan=2 does not currently support more than
one network in the configuration file.

> Is there some kind of config option that I'm missing?  Is this even possible
> to do?  I'd read that ap_scan=2 can only be used for one network block.

You can do it with per-network scan_ssid=1, _if_ the driver supports
scanning for a specific SSID, i.e., you would need to change the driver
you are using..

It should be possible to change the ap_scan=2 mode to go through all the
configured networks with a small timeout on each one, but this has not
yet been done.