kernel 2.6.10 compile - __might_sleep

Jim Cromie jcromie
Tue Jan 18 23:39:51 PST 2005

Scott Gilliland wrote:

> I'm running debian unstable with my own kernel, version 2.6.10. When i
> go to compile 0.3.3, things fail, producing modules that don't work.
> Here's the output:
>

> *** Warning: "__might_sleep"
> [/usr/src/hostap-driver-0.3.3/driver/modules/hostap _pci.ko] undefined!

> *** Warning: "__might_sleep"
> [/usr/src/hostap-driver-0.3.3/driver/modules/hostap _cs.ko]
> If anyone has any clue, please share. Someone may have already
> answered this sometime in January, but I can only get the archives
> from December, and I just subscribed. Sorry if this is a repeat.

I too saw this tonite, with today's ndiswrapper & 2.6.10, immediately
after I turned off
CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK - which ndiswrapper make complained about.

I did a make clean,
and make modules_install install
that 'fixed' it, whatever it was.

now that I have a chance to 2nd guess my laziness, I wonder if running
this might show the difference b4 do{ make clean; make } and after

]$ find lnx/ -exec cksum {} \; > cksums