scan config

gaurav dawra openapproject
Tue Jan 18 09:36:41 PST 2005

Besides that post also check the channel your wireless card working on.

You can do it by "iwconfig wlan0"..read and find out the channel. Find out
from ur admnisntrator which channel Access Points are configured. Set the
same channel by

iwconfig wlan0 mode managed channel X ( X= Channel of AP)

Also check the essid they shud be same so that your wireless card can talk
to the AP.

You can set the essid by "iwconfig wlan0 essid "nameof the the essid"

If iwlist scan is not giving anything there is also a possibility that no AP
Is in the range. I am assuming they are and your wireless card is not seeing
them.

--Gaurav