Is it possible to dump the frame PLCP preamble and PLCP header ?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Jan 15 10:14:33 PST 2005

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 09:42:55AM +0800, Ip Wilson wrote:

> Therefore I would like to obtain a dumping of the
> whole frame via the RAW Socket and do something on it.
> However,I cannot got the portion of the PLCP preamble
> and PLCP header from RAW Socket.

Prism2/2.3/3 cards only provide the part of the packet after the PLCP
header, so this information is not available from the driver. Getting
this information would likely require firmware or hardware changes.