hostapd/wpa_supplicant - new development release v0.3.4

Leonardo Maccari maccari-thisaintpartofmyaddress-
Wed Jan 12 01:19:24 PST 2005

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 07:52:49PM -0800, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> wpa_supplicant:
> * added preliminary support for IBSS (ad-hoc) mode configuration
>   (mode=1 in network block); this included a new key_mgmt mode
>   WPA-NONE, i.e., TKIP or CCMP with a fixed key (based on psk) and no
>   key management; see wpa_supplicant.conf for more details and an
>   example on how to configure this (note: this is currently implemented
>   only for driver_hostapd.c, but the changes should be trivial to add
>   in associate() handler for other drivers, too (assuming the driver
>   supports WPA-None)

is this supposed to work between two wpa_supplicants with card working in
ad-hoc mode? Or with a supplicant/hostapd in ad-hoc? My cards send correct
beacons but ignore each-other.

and why pairwise=NONE and group=TKIP (CCMP) as it says in
wpa_supplicant.conf?

ciao and thanks,
leonardo.

--
   Key fingerprint = 3129 C583 F03B 2E73 0115  C040 3489 0185 B592 19FE
 Obviously -thisaintpartofmyaddress- is not part of my real email address