ndiswrapper,Cisco Radius PEAP

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Feb 23 19:11:32 PST 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 09:18:59AM -0500, John Knoxville wrote:

> I am having problems getting associated with my Cisco AP and Radius
> server.  I am using the latest ndiswrapper with the centrino wireless
> card.  Here is my config and debug output.
>
> eapol_version=1
> ap_scan=1
>
>  network={
>          ssid="web"
>          scan_ssid=1

> Starting AP scan (specific SSID)
> Scan SSID - hexdump_ascii(len=9):
>      42 63 62 43 69 6f 42 72 72                        web
> ioctl[SIOCSIWSCAN{,EXT}]: No such device
> Failed to initiate AP scan.

ndiswrapper and well, NDIS drivers in general do not support scan for a
specific SSID (scan_ssid=1). You will either need to use broadcast scan
or if you are using hidden SSID, ap_scan=2 to make the driver associate
with the given SSID without wpa_supplicant having to request a scan.

> Setting scan request: 10 sec 0 usec
> EAPOL: Port Timers tick - authWhile=0 heldWhile=0 startWhen=0 idleWhile=0
> EAPOL: Port Timers tick - authWhile=0 heldWhile=0 startWhen=0 idleWhile=0
> EAPOL: Port Timers tick - authWhile=0 heldWhile=0 startWhen=0 idleWhile=0
> Scan timeout - try to get results
> Received 2171 bytes of scan results (11 BSSes)
> Scan results: 11
> Selecting BSS from priority group 0

What happens after this line?