...it works with madwifi, but not ipw2200?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Feb 14 20:43:56 PST 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 05:15:09PM -0330, Greg Baker wrote:

> Hey guys..  Just wondering if there's any weirdness with the ipw2200 drivers?

> I can do an "iwlist eth1 scan" and see the APs, but their SSIDs are showing as
> hidden. Any comments?  Does this card fully support WPA+TKIP?

I don't think ipw2200 driver (or at least the driver interface in
wpa_supplicant) supports scanning for specific SSID. If the driver
supports association without wpa_supplicant selecting the BSSID, you
could try ap_scan=2 to skip the scanning part. Another test could be to
manually configure the SSID before doing the scan. I don't have test
setup with ipw2200 (or ipw2100 for that matter), so I don't know whether
either of these actually works. The ipw2200 mailing list could be more
fruitful target for this question.