...it works with madwifi, but not ipw2200?

geek at suid0.com geek
Mon Feb 14 14:56:53 PST 2005

I ran into the same problem.  When I was debugging, I noticed that the
feature to scan explitly for the SSID was not yet implemented.   I had to
turn the broadcast of the SSID on my AP and then all was well.