txpower settings.

Ajeet fromkth+hostap
Wed Feb 9 03:52:43 PST 2005

Hi,

I am building a WLAN testbed(2 prism2 based APs and one prism2based STA
) in a small room, so need to reduce the power of APs so i can do
handover in a small room while moving away from one AP to the other AP.

I tried to used txpower option in iwconfig, but except "auto" and "off"
other options gives following error,

Error for wireless request "Set Tx Power" (8B27):
	GET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not supoorted.

So what do i need to do to reduce trasmitt power of APs.
is it something related with ALC? there is no info about what ALC is, in
README's or FAQ's.

Thanks.

-ajeet.