hostapd 1.3.5, madwifi, internal EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPv2 w/ WinXP supplicant

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Feb 6 12:29:00 PST 2005

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 12:03:47PM -0800, Coert Vonk wrote:

> I got a little further along by applying the tmp patch mentioned in
>  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=10728087
>
> Still, the authentication failes, as shown in the trace from hostapd:
>  EAP-TLV: Received TLVs - hexdump(len=6): 80 03 00 02 00 02
>  EAP-TLV: Result TLV - hexdump(len=2): 00 02
>  EAP-TLV: TLV Result - Failure - requested Failure
>  EAP-PEAP: PHASE2_TLV -> FAILURE
>
> I found a bug fix for the WinXP/SP2 client that they want you to pay for:
>   http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=885453

Could you please send a bit more complete debug log from hostapd (i.e.,
what happened before this)? I have been able to authenticate
successfully with the intergrated EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPv2 in hostapd using
WinXP SP2. Then again, I may already have that hotfix applied since I
use a newer test version of the WinXP supplicant in most tests.