portStatus variable

Leonardo Maccari maccari-thisaintpartofmyaddress-
Fri Feb 4 07:16:18 PST 2005

I've noticed that in the supplicant, the state variable suppPortStatus is
implemented as a variable of the state machine, while in the authenticator
authPortStatus is set using a call from the driver interface:

from driver.h

static inline int
hostapd_set_sta_authorized(struct hostapd_data *hapd, u8 *addr, int
authorized)
{
	if (hapd->driver == NULL || hapd->driver->set_sta_authorized ==
NULL)
		return 0;
	return hapd->driver->set_sta_authorized(hapd->driver, addr,
						authorized);
}

so actually the set_sta_authorized looks like setting  the portStatus
variable of 802.1X, and not just authPortStatus, am I right?

I'm porting some code from the authenticator to the supplicant, still it
is messed code, when it takes a better form and starts workin, should I
just post the patches?

ciao,
leonardo.

--
   Key fingerprint = 3129 C583 F03B 2E73 0115  C040 3489 0185 B592 19FE
 Obviously -thisaintpartofmyaddress- is not part of my real email address