Porting hostapd to a completely new (closed source :-( ) driver

Dan Searle dan
Thu Feb 3 07:15:59 PST 2005

Hi,

The new driver does not have any IOCTL support for the hostapd
interface yet, so... I see that the driver_madwifi.c includes the
net80211 header files ieee80211.h, ieee80211_ioctl.h and
ieee80211_crypto.h. Are the IOCTLs defined in these headers standard,
or are they Atheros specific?

What I'm getting at is, would it be best if the kernel driver for this
proprietary radio card was adapted to provide the same IOCTLs and
Netlink socket as outlined in the net80211 header files from the
madwifi sources? Or would it be better to implement a completely new
driver_xxx.c abstraction layer for the hostapd to interface with
propriotry IOCTLs which already exist in our proprietary wifi driver?

I'll admit I'm a bit confused.

Regards, Dan...

--

Dan Searle
Adelix Ltd

Any views expressed in this email communication are those
of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of a member of Adelix Ltd.  Adelix Ltd. does not
represent, warrant or guarantee that the integrity of this communication
has been maintained nor that the communication is free of errors or
interference.